The Innovation Village is a launchpad for leading entrepreneurs and innovators working to solve our most pressing challenges using technology. We cultivate innovators and entrepreneurs, startups and enterprises focused on social-economic transformation.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ventures Analyst will champion The Innovation Village’s business model and drive portfolio growth. The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how startups scale and is driven to take an active role in building out our ecosystem and investment portfolio.
- Work with a team of Analysts and Associates in TIV’s Verticals to investigate finances, business models, and technologies of start-up companies
- Examine the market and funding environments of these companies
- Review and screen entrepreneurs’ pitch decks, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs, conduct due diligence by drafting Investment Memos and Due Diligence Reports
- Undertake guided and independent research to identify new markets and industry sectors
- Conduct in-depth business analysis to identify new competitive opportunities
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes
- Conduct sourcing for business development (accelerator) programs aligning to tech interests as reported by TIV’s corporate partners
- Account Management
- Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners’ innovation challenges and tech interests
- Work with each startup in the program and understanding each ones’ metrics for success over the course of 3-6 months (funding / paid pilots/hiring etc.), introducing startups to existing and potential corporate partners
- Mentor start-ups on taking the product to market, raising money, scaling, and other ad hoc business needs
- Provide production/content support for demo days, mentor sessions, and other accelerator events
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Knowledge of cap tables, startup financing, and growth metrics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives, and VC Partners; adept at public speaking
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects, and industry contacts
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or a technical field relating to engineering or computer science.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's degree: Business, Finance, or a technical field relating to engineering or computer science