Gudie Leisure Farm is a social enterprise targeting transforming smallholder farmers (SHF) into eco-entrepreneurs through planned, structured, predictable and profitable value chains of smallholder producers, youth agrientreprenuers, franchisees, incubatees and vendors.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Vela Graduate Intern (VGI) works in liaison with the outreach directorate – Gudie District Agent and VELA leadership in stewarding, monitoring, documentation and strengthening of the village entrepreneur learning associations, VELA members and agriclubs.
- Assist in operationalizing the DECA hub.
- Supporting the youth agripreneur champions to document their growth journey on the 10 metrics of growth.
- Assist the VELAs in the submission of monthly quarterly and annual reports on ten metrix and DECA hubs.
- Participate in GLF monitoring evaluation research and learning activities in the VELA.
- Designing a strategy of parish growth as a replica effect of the VELA
- Participate in formation, operationalization and growth of Agriclubs in the VELAs.
- Participate in the formation, operationalization and growth of the Agriclubs in the VELAs.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to you from time to time, that is related to your role.
- Document the level of value chain operationalization in the VELA.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Articulate with excellent communication
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- ICT and writing skills
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree