Kifiya Financial Technology PLC. (Kifiya) is a payment service provider and enabler of digital services. We create an integrated, scalable service that enables access to financial and non-financial services by building sustainable technologies and distribution infrastructure.
We innovate in technology to build and enable distribution channels that make financial and non-financial services simple, affordable and within reach. Our services allow financial institutions, corporates, NGOs and government institutions to deliver services to their customers more efficiently. Kifiya also provides customers of low income that are unable to access traditional financial institutions customer centric products to simplify transactions.
Established in February 2010, Kifiya’s founders had the vision of utilizing their more than two decades of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Ethiopia to make transactions simple.
The Kifiya approach combines extensive first-hand technical expertise, and business experience with international best practices promoting access to financial services gained through consulting leading experts in the field. This holistic formula ensures the foundation for successful implementation of financial and payment services’ delivery, taking into account all aspects of our clients’ organizations and a newly growing economy.
As of today Kifiya has four technology services platforms: Single window Service Platform, Digital Financial Service Platform, Mobile Value Added Service Platform and Micro-insurance platform.
Kifiya has received several recognitions, including one from the MasterCard Foundation and was the recipient of the Zambezi Prize from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The company was also recently featured in a case study by the Harvard Business School. Kifiya has close partnerships and have worked with renowned development partners such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MasterCard Foundation and Dutch Enterprise Agency.
Currently Kifiya have 850 employees (130 at head office).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Strategy and Analytics Intern is a critical member of the CEO’s office leading all analyses for Business units and the Programs team, driving the formulation of the company’s strategic framework. They will lead the gathering and analysis of market data and research that informs business strategies and then translate those market insights into clear and actionable strategies.
The Strategy and Analytics Intern will then work directly with business units to follow-up implementation of strategies and support in the business planning and the design of growth strategies. The Strategy and Analytics Intern will also support the Head of Programs and Strategy in the evaluation of new corporate partnership opportunities.
They will work to evaluate partnership opportunities, build revenue models, build operational models, and develop strategic partnership opportunities that create business value. The Strategy and Analytics Intern will also support in the development of corporate strategy PowerPoint presentations.
The Strategy and Analytics Intern will be a critical member of the company’s growth strategy writing concept notes, building presentations, and engaging with key stakeholders to grow the business portfolio and the business’s impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Psychology, Information Technology, or any other relevant degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Draft strategic documents for new businesses
- Gather research and data to inform business strategies. Distil insights from data that can lead to clear and actionable
- Support businesses to implement strategies that adhere to overall business strategy and guide businesses’ operational plans
- Identify new business growth opportunities based on market research, newly identified market problems, and market gaps. Support the businesses to develop revenue models based on new growth
- Support the development of corporate presentations, this may be presentations for business units, partnerships, or other strategic partners
- Support the programs team in gathering market data and research for concept notes, proposals, Will be responsible for drafting concept notes for new business strategies and new partnership opportunities.
- Support the Head of Programs and Strategy to refine corporate partnerships into actionable plans that are relevant for business units
- Support the Head of Programs in all other Corporate Strategy need and requests
- Support in the development of revenue/profitability models, feasibility models, and operational models for businesses and initiatives.
- Participate in workshops, government committees, and workshops
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 3 Years
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree: Economics, Business Administration, Psychology, Information Technology