African Management Institute (AMI) enables ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive through practical tools and training. We equip entrepreneurs with tools to build their business, help companies train their teams and run work readiness programmes for young people. Our programmes combine mobile tools with in-person and virtual workshops and on-the-job practice and support.
AMI was founded in 2014 by Jonathan Cook, former director of South Africa’s Gordon Institute of Business Science, and Rebecca Harrison, a foreign correspondent and social entrepreneur. We shared a vision for a million skilled managers and entrepreneurs building thriving businesses, creating jobs and getting Africa moving. But we saw there was something missing. While there is no shortage of talent in Africa, there is a critical lack of business and management skills. Most traditional training solutions are expensive, ineffective and ill-suited to dynamic Africa markets. We created AMI because we believe there was a better way to learn, and that with the right tools and habits, entrepreneurs and managers across the continent could be empowered to drive Africa forward.
AMI’s learning model is built around the simple evidence-backed principle that adults learn by doing.
Instead of training managers and entrepreneurs in concepts and theories, we introduce them to practical business and management tools that can be downloaded on a phone or laptop, and immediately applied at work. Through powerful learning experiences and peer-to-peer support, we encourage our users to implement these tools in their businesses over time, until they become habit. And that’s where the magic happens. Our tool-based learning approach helped entrepreneurs increase revenue by 60% in a year, while 90% of companies who send staff on our management training say they see immediate tangible impact in the business. Interested in learning more?
Purpose of the Job
To enable ambitious businesses across Africa to thrive through practical tools and training. We equip entrepreneurs with tools to build their business, help companies train their teams and run work readiness programmes for young people. Our programmes combine mobile tools with in-person and virtual workshops and on-the-job practice and support.
- Manage sourcing exercises (calls, visits to partners and candidates) with the objective of signing up candidates to AMI Programmes and engaging them about AMI Programmes
- Collect daily data from the sourcing and partnerships team and generate weekly reports
- Support the program management team during learning labs, or in any other manner that is needed
- Support the Country and Partnerships Managers in any manner that is needed to meet the goals of AMI
- Ensure documentation is well organized, fully up-to-date and easy for anyone to go through/understand
- Handle online engagement of participants (interactions with clients to keep them motivated to finish the programme/use tools/apply learnings/complete their projects)
- Work with our programme team to ensure we have the right relationships in place to support programme outcomes.
- Manage existing relationships and identify opportunities for deepening collaboration
- Work with partners to follow up on the day to day enrollment for candidates into AMI Rwanda programs
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related fields (business, hospitality and tourism, economics, political science, etc).
- Knowledge of online platforms (zoom, survey monkey), MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills
- Speaks English and Kinyarwanda
- Good knowledge of Rwanda
- Interest in understand Rwanda entrepreneurship sector
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related fields (business, hospitality and tourism, economics, political science, etc).