Data Science Nigeria is a non-profit run and managed by the Data Scientists Network Foundation. To build a world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) knowledge, research and innovation ecosystem that delivers high-impact transformational research, business use applications, AI-first start-ups, support employability and social good use cases. We are committed to raising one million AI talents in 10 years and thus position Nigeria as one of the top 10 AI talent/knowledge destinations with 20% GDP multiplier impact. We are poised to accelerate Nigeria’s socio-economic development through a solution-oriented application of machine learning in solving social/business problems.
Purpose of the Job
Join a leading innovative learning platform that delivers learning to millions of students without any form of internet access during this prolonged COVID19 period.
- Leverage capabilities in data science, artificial intelligence and software engineering to enrich product development and solution delivery across vast range of business areas (e.g. EdTech, Geospatial)
- Analyse and translate project requirements into technical designs and functional requirements specification, which will include distributed web, mobile applications, database, API, cloud, middleware, network and micro-services.
- Collaborate and align with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate business problems into well-defined solutions with quality and scalability
- Manage product lifecycle, cutting across platform interface, software development, AI/data capacity development/embedding, solution architecture and technology infrastructure
- Develop integrated project plans, work breakdown structures and timelines with full guidance of the Team Lead.
- Contribute to on-going process and methodology improvements
- Strong and genuine passion for educational solution development and nation building through inclusive learning.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics and other
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field