Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) is the Entrepreneurship Centre of the Pan-Atlantic University. Set up in 2003 as the Centre for Enterprise Development Services (EDS), the Centre emerged as a direct response to the dearth of available professional business development and support services to small and growing businesses in Nigeria.EDC’s strength lies in it’s network of partners and collaborators, hence a lot of emphasis is being placed on partnership building, collaboration and constantly searching for value-driven initiatives / projects with high societal impact.
We believe deeply in applied knowledge. Consequently, most of what we do often end up in “How Knowledge gained” can be implemented for personal and organizational improvement. Every project is treated differently and solutions are derived from first principles. This makes each of our project unique.Beyond our initial intervention however, we believe strongly in long relationships, therefore we continue to engage with our clients and beneficiaries long after concluding the project
Purpose of the Job
The Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting in coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Instagram), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter and Instagram by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates. Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Monitoring and replying to Direct messages or comments from prospective participants.
- Daily posting of updates and events taking place. Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news)
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that all intending programs are well communicated in due time.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Ability to be able to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and flexibility with changing priorities.
- Ability to interact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and schedule own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and communications skills, strong interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Proficiency in using a computer to enter and retrieve data and information using applications such as Microsoft Excel, Google Documents etc. accurately and rapidly.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Knowledge of effective social media promotion strategy across the different social media channels is an added advantage.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Digital Marketing, Communication or related field