United States International University Africa, also known as USIU Africa, is a private university in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. The university is accredited by the Commission for Higher Education in Kenya and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The university was established in 1969 as the Nairobi Campus of United States International University (USIU), a San Diego -based institution. In 1999, the United States International University, Nairobi Campus, established itself as a separate university under its new name: USIU Africa. In 2001, USIU merged with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) to form Alliant International University.
Over 130 nationalities are represented among the student population undertaking 24 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs at USIU Africa. The university has an alumni population in excess of 140,000
Purpose of the role
To oversee the recruitment, admissions and enrollment processes.
- Efficiently manage the admissions selection process.
- Enhance successful recruitment and outreach efforts to increase interest from prospective students.
- Participate in recruiting events to attract and source students as needed.
- Manage the process of decision letters and forms.
- Provide appropriate follow-up communication with prospective students regarding inquiries on course content, campus and student life, and scholarship opportunities.
- Serve on the admissions committee.
- Represent the university to prospective students at recruiting and job fairs and conferences.
- Design, implement and execute recruitment and outreach strategy that will influence and increase applications and admits.
- Conduct informational sessions (face to face or virtual).
- Maintains recruitment materials
- Design and conceptualize new programs for recruiting and create new project plans for incorporating recruiting strategies.
- Manage, progressively process and maintain applications through the initial application phase to
- Increase our presence and develop new recruitment and outreach initiatives
- Participate in the in-person orientation sessions.
- Compile data and materials to prepare reports and summaries for management.
- Design analytics from the new CRM to determine student trends.
- Serve as the point person for CRM.
- Provide students with information on courses, undergraduate admissions workshops and
- Work with advising staff and transfer services to streamline student enrollment.
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Degree in business, social sciences or other related fields
- Service orientation with an eye to user experience.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make quick and smart judgments in recommending alternative solutions within changed ground scenarios
- Strong adherence to ethical practice and data privacy
- Strong intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Goal-oriented, with the ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Business, Social Sciences or related field