Purpose of the job
To deliver on national and international standards of best practice, in terms of Safety, Health, Environment, Risk and Quality, within the organisation.
- Create organized efforts and procedures for identifying workplace hazards and to help the business reduce workplace accidents and incidents by controlling exposure to and contact with hazardous substances, unsafe handling of plant equipment and machinery and unsafe practices.
- Lead and drive the development of safe, high compliance, and hygiene friendly processes, advocating for working practices that prevent or reduce the risk of harm to people and their health which may lead to occupational diseases.
- Lead and drive compliance with environmental regulations
- Manage direct and indirect contamination and pollution of the environment to help the warehouse and the business to reduce its carbon footprint and avoid environmentally unsafe disposal of chemicals.
- Develop effective quality control processes.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitoring their compliance together with Supply Chain personnel.
- Lead and drive the development of quality, high compliance, and customer-centric processes, advocating for manufacturing processes that resemble and are in line with specific ISO 9001:2015 Clauses.
- Lead and drive collection of evidence and records in line with ISO 9001:2015 including storing, controlled access, retention, and destruction of these records.
- Implement Safety related policies
- Carry out health and safety risk assessments/site inspections
- Implement maintenance, repairs and safe handling best practice
- Reporting to inspectors regarding incidents
- Investigation of safety incidents and accidents – particularly circumstances of these incidents and accidents originating from or in connection with the use of plant or machinery; equipment; tools; etc. which could have resulted in the injury, illness or death of any person in the workplace
- Minimum 5 years’ specialist SHERQ experience
- Bsc Honors in Environmental Management or related qualification in health and safety, environment, and quality management
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and SHERQ Management Standards
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Deadline driven with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Investigative skills
- Facilitation/presentation skills
- Planning and organizing abilities
- Ability to identify, mitigate, adapt, transition and reduce SHERQ
Total Cost of Employment R420,000 per annum
Please include copies of your qualifications.
- Company Address Centurion
- Salary Offer R351,000- R400,000
- Experience Level Junior Manager
- Total Years Of Experience 5 Years
- Academic Qualification SHERQ