BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Build a formidable company to achieve our vision. You drive operations across the African continent, being the first advocate of your customers. You take overall ownership and accountability for the development of the team and the brand. You are expected to use your network, business skills, consulting knowledge and operational expertise combined with deep user and market understanding to build the Brand and business and exceed set goals and targets.
- Assisting the Recruitment team in Building relationships with clients.
- Assisting in Headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates.
- Receiving and reviewing applications, assisting in managing interviews and short-listing candidates.
- Assist in Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the employer.
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews.
- Creation of presentations when required Interview people looking for work, record relevant personal and work details to match them with appropriate jobs.
- Receive and record job vacancy information from employers.
- Organize advertising, interviewing and selection processes for recruitment campaigns.
- Conduct and analyze psychometric tests.
- Prepare shortlists of candidates for referral to prospective employers.
- Check references and suitability of applicants before referring to employers.
- Prepare resumes and correspondence for suitable applicants to forward to employers.
- Advise job seekers regarding a personal presentation at interviews and about their written applications and resumes.
- Assist with sales and marketing duties designed to increase the client base, including visiting employers to assess working conditions and discuss consultancy services and fees.
- Observe jobs to obtain information about job requirements.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Strong proficiency in MS office.
- Strong proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Honest, high integrity and transparency.
- A person with a pleasant attitude and ability.
- Quick learner with exceptional organizational skills.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Required to have a personal laptop for 6 months.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE).
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification.
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6xMonths Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc