Tribus is a subsidiary of Centum Investments and was born out of a market and industry frustration. We are an internationally accredited and experienced company, offering far more than the mere generic standard.
As Tribus-TSG, we hold distribution rights for many products and for certain specialized products we are the sole distributor across Africa. We have distribution / reseller rights for over 10 business’s and 100’s of line item products. These distribution rights ultimately lead to better value for our Customers.
First and foremost, we create the space to give you confidence and allow you to carry out your primary and core business, without having to worry about outsourced services. We offer;
1. Improved Delivery of Service
- Greater command and control; labour, technology, SLA Management and Warranties etc.
- Combined marketing strategies, if and when required by you the client.
- Improved team cohesion as well as improved Safety & Security Awareness.
2. Greater Value for Money
- Your project will be led and overseen by some of the leading security specialists in the country and our distribution status ensures the latest in technologies and techniques will be deployed
- Less investment of time required from you & your Management Team.
- Client savings compared to current market standards of tendering and operating
Purpose of the role
To maximize project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting. Drive the best value from suppliers and subcontractors. Carries out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin. Maximize value
of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations.
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Able to work well within a team based environment
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree: Quantity Surveying
- Demonstrates resilience
- Willingness to learn
- Leads change and innovates
- Result oriented
- Executes entrepreneurially
- Team player
- High integrity
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree: Quantity Surveying