Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) is the Entrepreneurship Centre of the Pan-Atlantic University. Set up in 2003 as the Centre for Enterprise Development Services (EDS), the Centre emerged as a direct response to the dearth of available professional business development and support services to small and growing businesses in Nigeria.EDC’s strength lies in it’s network of partners and collaborators, hence a lot of emphasis is being placed on partnership building, collaboration and constantly searching for value-driven initiatives / projects with high societal impact.
We believe deeply in applied knowledge. Consequently, most of what we do often end up in “How Knowledge gained” can be implemented for personal and organizational improvement. Every project is treated differently and solutions are derived from first principles. This makes each of our project unique.Beyond our initial intervention however, we believe strongly in long relationships, therefore we continue to engage with our clients and beneficiaries long after concluding the project
Purpose of the Job
The ‘Transforming Nigerian Youths’ project aims to create a network of entrepreneurial and managerial change-makers specifically youths and women across the Micro, Small and Medium. Enterprises (MSMEs) with special focus on agriculture and creative sectors that live in Nigeria and specifically Lagos, Kano, and Kaduna states. The training will be delivered via Enterprise Development Centre’s online channels – the Learning Management System (LMS) and the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) platform to enable all learners to take part in the lessons on the go wherever they are.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished within stipulated time frame.
- Participate in the strategic development of project implementation strategies to achieve the technical objectives of the project.
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships/partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity regarding project priorities, activities, and timelines; as well appropriately use allocation of resources necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Mobilize project participants, and relevant stakeholders for events and project activities.
- Update and maintain project files and project participants’ contacts for monitoring and evaluation and internal reporting.
- Ensure that all project support staff members are fully familiar and operating in accordance with Centre’s values, quality standards, policies, and project objectives, as well as their individual responsibilities for upholding these standards and policies.
- Develop an effective communications strategy and team to manage project periodic reports and outreach activities.
- Any other duties assigned by the Centre’s Compliance Team and/or on behalf of the organization.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Ability to be able to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy and flexibility with changing priorities.
- Ability to interact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and schedule own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and communications skills, strong interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members.
- Effective outreach skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders on the project.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Proficiency in using a computer to enter and retrieve data and information using applications such as Microsoft Excel, Google Documents etc. accurately and rapidly
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree in related field