War Child Canada is an international charitable organization with its headquarters based in Toronto, Canada. War Child Canada works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity, and justice. War Child Canada takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
War Child Canada currently works in Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Sudan, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, and Uganda. War Child Canada has been working in Uganda since 2005 and in refugee and host communities since January 2014. War Child Canada’s program focus areas in Uganda are Education, Access to Justice, and Opportunities/Livelihood for vulnerable refugee and host communities.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide support to Programme team in the country office in liaison with the Field Teams.
- Organise weekly programme meetings, by collating the agenda for the meeting and sending reminders for the meetings.
- Take meeting minutes and follow up action points from respective programme teams.
- Follow up programme/field approval and payments with the Finance department.
- Follow up approval documents from field teams to HOP and share back to field teams.
- Organise country meetings and document the activities.
- Update Programme Workplan monthly
- Update relevant data for programmes to support proposal development and reporting.
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Education, Mass Communication.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6xMonths Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree: Law, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Education, Mass Communication