Babban Gona (“Great Farm”) is a rapidly scaling social enterprise, with a mission to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job creation engine for unemployed youth. We do this by offering a suite of services to rural, smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. Our services include providing financial credit, low-cost high quality inputs, ongoing training on best agronomy practices, and providing storage and marketing services to maximize farmers’ profits. In 9 years, BG has helped over 110,000 smallholder farmers increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x the national average. Our goal is to serve 1,000,000 smallholder farmers in 2025
Purpose of the Job
Our Program Management Fellow will work closely with the senior management team on specific projects relating to launching and scaling Babban Gona’s Agricultural Franchise Model
- Project Management- Responsible for the initiation, planning, executing and monitoring of the Babban Gona Commodity Value Chain Project.
- Research and Analytics- Responsible for the research and analysis of effective commodity production, potential investment models and new technologies available to drastically increase productivity in Babban Gona’s commodity value chain.
- Technology Transfer – Responsible for the facilitation and transition of Babban Gona technologies under development to the commodity value chain.
- Other Activities – Perform all other duties as assigned
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, Business Management, Economics, or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in for a logistically and operationally intensive business.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to distill data into actionable recommendations.
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver driven to succeed.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and manage staff across various functions.
- Obsessive attention to detail, positive attitude and a constant willingness to learn.
- Passionate, driven individual with an ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaborative approaches.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree: Agronomy, Agriculture, Business Management, Economics or related field