One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
Purpose of the Job
The Program Intern will support essential goals in one of our company Fund’s fastest growing country programs. The Ethiopia program is poised to serve over 80,000 farmers in 2021, plant 10 million trees and execute an ambitious seed multiplication program. In 2025, we plan to plant 35 million trees and be the number one teff seed multiplier in the Region.
- You would increase the impact and financial efficiency of our programs by researching and answering critical program strategy questions based on farmer interviews, evidence and analysis.
- Supervise a survey, lead in-depth interviews or focus groups to help us improve our tree survival rates, species offerings or marketing strategy.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic performance are required for this position
- Language: English and Amharic are required
- Flexible work environment
- Very strong analytical skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
- Exposure to and interest in farming, forestry or climate change
- Skills relevant to one of the four profiles we are seeking
- A willingness to take public transport to rural areas
- Connect and collaborate with engaging colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Professional development opportunities, including management coaching and mentorships with organizational leaders
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree in related field