Babban Gona (“Great Farm”) is a rapidly scaling social enterprise, with a mission to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job creation engine for unemployed youth. We do this by offering a suite of services to rural, smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. Our services include providing financial credit, low-cost high quality inputs, ongoing training on best agronomy practices, and providing storage and marketing services to maximize farmers’ profits. In 9 years, BG has helped over 110,000 smallholder farmers increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x the national average. Our goal is to serve 1,000,000 smallholder farmers in 2025
Purpose of the Job
We believe that agriculture is Africa’s No. 1 job creation engine and holds great potential in the creation of millions of jobs for unemployed youth. We aim to use agriculture to not only address unemployment, but also mitigate violent insurgencies that are fueled by a lack of meaningful opportunities for youth.
The Product Intern will support the team in translating business needs into product features and user experiences with simple, effective designs.
- Design applications and tools that allow the organization to meet its key goals.
- Support in all aspects of the product lifecycle including requirements definition, testing and future enhancements.
- Conduct experiments and A/B tests to understand which design features /products /initiatives most impact success metrics.
- Drive user adoption, user education and effective product support.
- Provide insights on technology trends, new product approaches /tools that improve the way we work.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or any other STEM subject field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a product development capacity with familiarity with agile methodologies (scrum) and standard product management practices.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Good initiative, positive attitude and a constant willingness to learn.
- Passionate, driven individual with an ability to achieve results through teamwork and collaborative approaches.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Management, Mathematics or related field