Powerhouse African-founded brands with pioneers like BrighterMonday Kenya launching in 2006. The ROAM group is an online stalwart with dynamic ecosystems shaping the way the digital economy operates.We transform Africa by connecting people to opportunities and empowering them to make the best decision at crucial stages of your life. Whether it is buying a car, buying a house, furnishing your home or finding your next job – our platforms empower each individual to find the best possible solution.
Africa can capitalise on the digital rise, to work around the lacking legacy infrastructure while nurturing the tremendously entrepreneurial African spirit. This will help combat the current daily challenges around trust and transparency. Our markets are ripe for digital transformation and we are committed to driving that.
Purpose of the Job
To support the formulation, building/buying, and delivery of the best market-fit products and services in the group. You are to anticipate the users’ needs and proffer speedy solutions to product-centered issues. Your role involves but is not limited to scoping customer needs, developing business & technical requirements, providing business feedback, investigating bugs, and gathering user feedback.
You are responsible for ensuring product delivery excellence in the way and manner our products are delivered to customers (employers). You are the product manager on the ground as far as the sales and operational
teams are concerned. When there is non-clarity between business expectations and technical outputs, it is your job to fix it using knowledge, influence, and action. When products are not working well in the market, you are the point of call for CEOs, sales, and op teams and they expect you to fix this.
- Stay on top of market and competitive occurrences within and outside the region and offer recommendations to your line manager.
- Coordinate the operational delivery of products and services of the business to market working closely with relevant stakeholders within ROAM & Cube.
- Serve as first-level platform support for internal business stakeholders (e.g. CX)
- Collaborate effectively with marketing to ensure success of pre & post launch activities to ensure success of new product releases.
- Product documentation for internal and external stakeholders Competitor research and product benchmarking
- On-platform UX research and feedback collation from end-users to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement
- Translate business & technical requirements to Cube and vice-versa
- Other related activities and assignments as assigned by the Product Lead.
- Equip sales/ops/cx team with adequate knowledge of our tools and tech through consistent training, coaching and any other means necessary.
- Deliver product trainings to new hires and existing members of staff to maximize business outcomes.
- Assess product knowledge of relevant teams to determine sales readiness and implement appropriate remediation measures
- Provide sales support and act in a technical sales capacity as may be required from time to time.
- Take ownership of business KPIs (revenue, listings, transactions etc.) and drive success within the region.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant professional certifications
- 1+ years of business analysis, product management or any analytical role in the software industry (e.g. conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Product knowledge and experience in e-Commerce / Online Marketplaces
- Dealing with mid-level stakeholders within and outside the business
- Dealing with tradeoffs to achieve business objectives
- Business Acumen
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics, HotJar)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative mind with keen eye for detail
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- Communication Skills
- People Management
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc