Ananse Africa is an exciting new digital platform, born to unlock the African creative economy, empower creative entrepreneurs, merge tech, fashion and art; and most importantly, enable consumers from all over the world to shop online for beautiful pieces from talented artisans, designers, and artists from across the African continent.
We are delighted to offer an internship position to an individual who is ready to embrace the exciting opportunity to gain sought after web development skills.
Purpose of the Job
Join an exciting new digital platform, born to unlock the African creative economy, empower creative entrepreneurs, merge tech, fashion and art; and most importantly, enable consumers from all over the world to shop online for beautiful pieces from talented artisans, designers, and artists from across the African continent.
We are delighted to offer an internship position to an individual who is ready to embrace the exciting opportunity of learning operational skills related to the day-to-day running of an E-Commerce marketplace.
- Deal with customer email, platform and telephone queries promptly
- Guide and advise potential customers with the aim of converting to a purchase
- Investigate abandon carts by reaching out to the potential customer with the aim of getting them to check out. Document their reasons for abandoning the cart as data for Company to improve customer experience
- Liaise with Finance Team in order to resolve any issues relating to Company’s platform digital payments, refunds or returns. Investigate customer digital payment queries and monitor all orders for fraud
- Work collaboratively with Merchant Onboarding and Marketing Teams to ensure accurate uploading of merchant information to the Company platform
- Work with Finance Department to accurately process any chargebacks or refunds
- Ensure that merchant online stores are adequately stocked
- Update product information such as product descriptions, etc. on the Company platform
- Assist merchants with profile maintenance and product uploads when necessary
- Communicate orders on the Company platform with merchants to ensure timeous order delivery
- Monitor order fulfilment and keep the customer updated
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in French (optional)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong interest in Operations and Logistics
- Ability to enforce and share best practices and suggest process improvements
- A creative problem solver who is able to work well independently and collaboratively
- Able to handle challenging business situations
- Ability to build and maintain external partnerships
- Friendly and patient by nature
- Detail oriented and have strong organizational and planning skills
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field