BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
Purpose of the Job
This is an exciting opportunity to merge the two worlds of offline and online marketing. We will set you up for success in the marketing field; you’ll get a chance to practice your theoretical knowledge and learn from our talent-rich marketing Team.
- Meeting prospective sellers in person to assist with the initial onboarding process
- Provide professional demonstrations or presentations of Company products and services while onsite.
- Assisting customers to purchase products that will be beneficial to their businesses
- Identifying and qualifying prospective customers through research, networking, and cold-calling.
- Enhancing up-to-date knowledge on new products, procedures, services, and tools by
attending departmental and training meetings.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the Company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows, where applicable.
- Using marketing data to scope routes and companies to pitch.
- Updating and maintaining customer account records, including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Providing product quotes to customers as needed.
- Aggressively following up on business opportunities.
- Preparing weekly scouting reports for prospective clients and delivering them to the Sales Manager via email.
- Additionally, the employee will provide a monthly Travel and Expense Activity Report no later than the fifth of the month for the previous month.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- You enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- Our markets change rapidly you should have the ability to execute under accelerated timeframes and the flexibility to adapt to change in priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A degree in marketing / sales or a related field is preferred.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc