United States International University Africa, also known as USIU Africa, is a private university in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. The university is accredited by the Commission for Higher Education in Kenya and by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
The university was established in 1969 as the Nairobi Campus of United States International University (USIU), a San Diego -based institution. In 1999, the United States International University, Nairobi Campus, established itself as a separate university under its new name: USIU Africa. In 2001, USIU merged with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) to form Alliant International University.
Over 130 nationalities are represented among the student population undertaking 24 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs at USIU Africa. The university has an alumni population in excess of 140,000
Purpose of the role
Designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Degree in Education, Sociology, Data Management or related field with M&E training
- Knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Strong Data management skills.
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysing reports.
- Experience in the use of visual analytics tools is an added advantage.
- Intermediate Excellent typing speed and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality.
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Education, Sociology, Data Management or related field with M&E training