War Child Canada is an international charitable organization with its headquarters based in Toronto, Canada. War Child Canada works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. War Child Canada takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
War Child Canada currently works in Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Sudan, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya and Uganda. War Child Canada has been working in Uganda since 2005 and in refugee and host communities since January 2014. War Child Canada’s program focus areas in Uganda are Education, Access to Justice, and Opportunities/Livelihood for vulnerable refugee and host communities.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager, MEAL Job Trainee will provide support in the implementation of an effective results-based M&E system, to ensure that knowledge generation, management and use are effectively attached into the whole project cycle of WCC Uganda programs.
- Working closely with the M&E Manager and the project teams, support in ensuring a strong MEAL system for data collection, analysis, feedback, and reporting.
- Organize and facilitate knowledge and learning events/workshops.
- Participate in the capacity building of War Child Canada M&E.
- Perform on-site data verification.
- Develop a field monitoring plan based on agreed-upon progress and target indicators set.
- Identify key issues around program quality and ensure MEAL systems are improved to address these issues.
- Produce monthly MEAL reports for SMT, program review and inform decision making.
- Support the MEAL Manager in revising program/project proposals, log-frames, and indicators.
- Support the program team to prepare reports for donors and internal War Child Canada reports (Monthly, quarterly, annual, mid-term and ex-post reports).
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of change management initiatives
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- Excellent English communication (written and spoken) ability.
- Excellent record-keeping and report writing skills.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Ability to work in multi-partner environments in implementing education and Youth-friendly innovative and development protection activities and services.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- BSc / BA in Economics, applied statistics, Social Studies, Rural Development, or another related discipline.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6xMonths Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's degree in related field