Kifiya Financial Technology PLC. (Kifiya) is a payment service provider and enabler of digital services. We create an integrated, scalable service that enables access to financial and non-financial services by building sustainable technologies and distribution infrastructure.
We innovate in technology to build and enable distribution channels that make financial and non-financial services simple, affordable and within reach. Our services allow financial institutions, corporates, NGOs and government institutions to deliver services to their customers more efficiently. Kifiya also provides customers of low income that are unable to access traditional financial institutions customer centric products to simplify transactions.
Established in February 2010, Kifiya’s founders had the vision of utilizing their more than two decades of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Ethiopia to make transactions simple.
The Kifiya approach combines extensive first-hand technical expertise, and business experience with international best practices promoting access to financial services gained through consulting leading experts in the field. This holistic formula ensures the foundation for successful implementation of financial and payment services’ delivery, taking into account all aspects of our clients’ organizations and a newly growing economy.
As of today Kifiya has four technology services platforms: Single window Service Platform, Digital Financial Service Platform, Mobile Value Added Service Platform and Micro-insurance platform.
Kifiya has received several recognitions, including one from the MasterCard Foundation and was the recipient of the Zambezi Prize from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The company was also recently featured in a case study by the Harvard Business School. Kifiya has close partnerships and have worked with renowned development partners such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MasterCard Foundation and Dutch Enterprise Agency.
Currently Kifiya have 850 employees (130 at head office).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The marketing officer intern will be responsible for overseeing and executing the organization’s marketing strategies, activities and campaigns. You will be the one to ensure that all marketing operations are successful in meeting the goals set by the management.
A successful Marketing officer must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures. The goal is to ensure that the marketing efforts of the company add the highest value to its business. The ideal candidate will be innovative, organized, up to date on the latest online platforms, be social media savvy, have strong communication skills, be detailed oriented and ambitious.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Support the development and management of marketing strategy and plan, budget and goals and objectives for all marketing activity, and track results and report the status of work on a regular
- Working closely with Head of Marketing to implement an integrated marketing
- Stay up-to-date on current market conditions and trends and incorporate new innovations into company marketing plans
- Ensure that all marketing material, and all initiatives, represent the tailored value for each segmented customer, service provider, and external stakeholder.
- Oversee the company’s website, blog, Search Engine Optimization programs, resource centre, and other marketing
- Conduct surveys as needed to determine the position in the market by understanding the requirement of new and existing customers and customizing services based on their needs.
- Manage all trade show exhibits and
- Develop and communicate marketing information throughout the company as requested and/or
- Understanding of campaign life cycle, assisting in developing marketing strategies alongside your
- Manages and reports on delivery against plan and
- Setting up and fulfilment of media deals with external organizations to ensure maximum exposure at the lowest cost to show
- Ensuring company websites are fully up to date with the latest
- Management of marketing agency in coordination with the Head of
- Coordination of design and production of marketing collateral, including sales brochures, conference brochures, visitor tickets, print advertisements, web banners/emails
- In collaboration with the content developer, writing content for the company blog, website and social media
- Proofing of marketing materials in conjunction with content
- Updating and adhering to agreed marketing
- Monitors and reports on project
- Managing website and social media pages.
- Organizing and representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimize all business development opportunities.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or related field