Ananse Africa is an exciting new digital platform, born to unlock the African creative economy, empower creative entrepreneurs, merge tech, fashion and art; and most importantly, enable consumers from all over the world to shop online for beautiful pieces from talented artisans, designers, and artists from across the African continent.
We are delighted to offer an internship position to an individual who is ready to embrace the exciting opportunity to gain sought after web development skills.
Purpose of the Job
Join an exciting new digital platform, born to unlock the African creative economy, empower creative entrepreneurs, merge tech, fashion and art; and most importantly, enable consumers from all over the world to shop online for beautiful pieces from talented artisans, designers, and artists from across the African continent.
We are delighted to offer an internship position to an individual who is ready to embrace the exciting opportunity of learning marketing skills that will groom you to be a part of a fashion technology startup’s marketing team.
- Assist with preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans and objectives
- Assist with developing marketing campaigns
- Research social media content to share on Company’s various marketing platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Assist with proofreading of marketing content before publishing it
- Assist with media and public relations outreach campaigns
- Maintain promotional materials and co-ordinate requirements with graphics designers
- Assist with newsletter and other marketing content creation
- Assist with co-ordination of mailing and contact lists using Mailchimp
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in French (optional)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or similar
- A Postgraduate qualification in Marketing (advantageous)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong interest in digital marketing and social media
- A creative problem solver who is able to work well independently and collaboratively
- Has a creative eye with a passion for fashion
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Warm, friendly and upbeat
- Punctual, reliable and flexible
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s degree: Marketing, Communications or related field