In Kenya, Humanity & Inclusion is providing assistance to the most vulnerable people in refugee camps. The organization is also taking action to combat sexual violence against children with disabilities, to improve mother and child health services and to increase employment opportunities and political participation of people with disabilities. Humanity & Inclusion began working in Kenya in 1992 and currently has a team of 69 staff members.
Areas of Intervention
- Inclusive Education
The Dadaab refugee complex in east Kenya has a population of approximately 240,00 registered refugees and asylum seekers. Kakuma and Kalobeyei settlements in northwest Kenya host more than 180,000 refugees. Humanity & Inclusion works in both camps and surrounding host communities to provide physical rehabilitation services, including provision of assistive devices such as wheelchairs and crutches. The organization works alongside communities to improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable refugees, in particular those with disabilities, by ensuring equal access to services, raising awareness of discrimination and building the capacity of staff working with refugees to assess needs.
In Kenya, Humanity & Inclusion is fighting against sexual violence that victimizes children, especially those with disabilities. The organization informs children, families, organizations and local authorities about their rights as guaranteed under the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and helps survivors and their parents or guardians access immediate assistance and long-term support.
Purpose of the role
To assist our warehouse manager with coordinating package deliveries. The logistics assistant will be responsible for receiving and unpacking parcels, completing relevant documentation, and dispatching stock. You should also record and report breakages, major spills, and contaminations to the Warehouse Manager.
- Ensuring the logistic functions serve project needs in accordance with HI procedures by:
- Participating in the raising of Purchase Service Requests (PSR) by adhering to the laid down commitment of expenditure procedures for review by the Field Administrator
- Ensuring all purchase files are properly kept and they contain all necessary support documentation
- Implementation of the equipment and stores management and maintenance to ensure proper monitoring and usage
- Supporting the monitoring of fleet of vehicles and monitor the proper usage of the logbook and the monthly report sheet.
- Arranging the store and assist in tagging of equipment’s
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Purchasing and supplies and/or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Should possess organization skills, team player, attention to detail, cost-conscious and ability to multi-task
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Logistics, Purchasing & supply chain