PEAS is an international education not-for-profit with the mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’.
Since 2008, PEAS has built and operated high quality low-cost not-for-profit secondary schools in close partnership with the government in communities where there is urgent unmet demand for secondary education. We currently run 28 secondary schools in Uganda and 4 in Zambia serving over 15,000 students.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible to deliver PEAS ICT strategy and implement ICT policy.
- Responsible for providing IT support to Country and School staff.
- Provide user, workstation, Wi-Fi/Internet connectivity and mobile device support to PEAS employees.
- Prioritize assigned tasks dependent on urgency and understanding of PEAS requirements.
- Provide setup, support and maintenance for IT equipment and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Installation, configuration and fault resolution of corporate end-user software and technology.
- Work within the IT department answering support queries via phone, email and in person.
- Create and maintain helpdesk jobs ensuring jobs are correctly assigned and work logs are added.
- To perform other IT support tasks as shown or requested by the IT Lead.
- To resolve faults and answer queries as requested by IT Lead within the time frames requested.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to service management principles.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Degree in computer science, Computer engineering, Information systems and software engineering
- Interested in connecting devices to private and public networks and Wi-Fi.
- Knowledge in preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of ping, tracert, Lookup, IP addressing, DHCP, DNS (Desirable)
- Knowledge in Databases, DBMS and how to troubleshoot Databases.
- Knowledge of switching and PBXs.
- Ability to analyse user/customer-provided information and determine possible issues and faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot IT-related issues and work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate well with people of all technical or non-technical levels and experiences, to explain faults and corrective actions to be taken.
- A willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to spend 40% of your time in the field.
- Excellent knowledge of O365 is an added advantage.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Computer science, Computer engineering, Information systems and software engineering