BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
At the heart of this role lies a great opportunity to spot procedural, technical, and structural problems, and coming up with solutions to improve on these. You must have an in-depth understanding of dynamic market needs and sync with the business requirements.Analyze data of in-place procedures to find ways to improve operations,evaluate operations procedures and processes,Identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign,apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures.
- Training employees to use new systems or follow new processes.
- Identifying operational requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Prepare customers to use system by conducting training
- Handling brightermonday Uganda website problems and escalating.
- Creating users, deleting and archiving users.
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Network support
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO or Head of IT
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, data management,or related field; Skills
- Comfortable with database administration skills and resources
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interaction with all levels of management
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
- Required to have a personal laptop for 6 months
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Computer science, Computer engineering, Information systems and software engineering