Powerhouse African-founded brands with pioneers like BrighterMonday Kenya launching in 2006. The ROAM group is an online stalwart with dynamic ecosystems shaping the way the digital economy operates.We transform Africa by connecting people to opportunities and empowering them to make the best decision at crucial stages of your life. Whether it is buying a car, buying a house, furnishing your home or finding your next job – our platforms empower each individual to find the best possible solution.
Africa can capitalise on the digital rise, to work around the lacking legacy infrastructure while nurturing the tremendously entrepreneurial African spirit. This will help combat the current daily challenges around trust and transparency. Our markets are ripe for digital transformation and we are committed to driving that.
Purpose of the Job
Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration. Recommends the redesign and
configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes the feasibility of
system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides
project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to all staff.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Provides leadership in the planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Keep an updated inventory of all IT related items(laptops, headsets, phones, tablets, and chargers)
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community that include LAN/WAN, IP, telephone, 3G/4G mobile devices, video conferencing, and wireless environment.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology.
- Onboarding and providing smooth IT support to all joiners in Kenya brands.
- Provide smooth exit management through the withdrawal of the user and
email rights for staff leaving.
- Make recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and work with various vendors in collaboration with Finance for procurement.
- Maintain staff accounts for email, VLE, management information system and action approved user account updates.
- Undertake internal or external training provided by the company where appropriate and take responsibility for their own self-improvement.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer, and software issues reported to the Service Desk and replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity and assist in the development of training coursework and materials
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge of: Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; Unix system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance
monitoring tools; effective project management techniques; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to
emergency situations effectively
- Competency in Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7, 8 and 10, MS Exchange, Active Directory and other mail protocols such as IMAP, Microsoft Office 2003 onwards and other common desktop applications
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers
- Awareness of all mainstream mobile technologies (RIM, Android, Apple etc.)
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required. Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving and computer skills required.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc