PEAS is an international education not-for-profit with the mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’.
Since 2008, PEAS has built and operated high quality low-cost not-for-profit secondary schools in close partnership with the government in communities where there is urgent unmet demand for secondary education. We currently run 28 secondary schools in Uganda and 4 in Zambia serving over 15,000 students.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for assisting the Internal Audit team review PEAS school operations. You will participate in the delivery of challenging and inspiring internal audit tasks to challenge yourself in your career path.
- Set up the audit file in the prescribed PEAS IAD format
- Prepare minutes for audit engagement meetings
- Assistance with substantive audit testing and other audit work as instructed by senior colleagues.
- Field travel (where the need arises) for audit data collection, analysis and reporting for review
- Ensure work is fully completed, seeking assistance from senior staff as appropriate to address problem areas and subsequently draw and sign off valid conclusions.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Good basic knowledge of accounting through studies or work experience
- Excellent communication skills in English. Able to communicate the purpose of specific audit testing with clients
- Good computer skills in Word and Excel
- Passionate about working to achieve high results in a short period of time
- Outgoing personality and a client-oriented mindset
- Positive outlook and ability to adapt to new challenges as a true team player
- Timely completion of write-ups relating to tests carried out.
- Ability to work as part of the audit team and provide support to the team leading the audit.
- Able to work independently after receiving instructions.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with at least 2+ years of studies behind you or just completed your area of study
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree: Accounting with at least 2+ years of studies behind you or just completed your area of study