Agrolog Limited is a newly established agribusiness company specialized in production and trade of agricultural commodities, agrologistics, various agricultural investment and farm management. Innovations that assure the delivery of wholesome food to consumers constitute the value proposition which AgroLog brings to its clients. Institutional voids constitute great impediments in food systems, creating chaos and disruptions in the ecosystem.
The desire to address this has taken us back to the fundamentals of food production: THE FARM. AgroLog seeks to entrench a culture of operational excellence that guarantees transparency from farm to table. The primary objective is traceability that ensures the consumer not only know the source but the quality of food on the table. Consequently AgroLog has contrived partnerships through Innovation Platforms (IPs) that bring farmers and investors together enabling ecosystems that allow for backward integration that builds farmers capacities, flow of quality inputs, standardization of practices that ensure high productivity and quality outputs.
On the forward integration front we work with partner clusters to achieve best practices in postharvest handling that deliver quality to the table. Our initial focus is on vegetables but our network is growing to include commodities across the spectrum of agribusines
Purpose of the Job
Join an established agribusiness company specialized in production and trade of agricultural commodities, agrologistics, various agricultural investment and farm management.
We are looking for an IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs. The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT department by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations .
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software. systems.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification B.Sc. Computer Science, MIS or related field