BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
Purpose of the Job
The graphics designer will be tasked with working on a variety of products and activities,such as websites,advertising,below the line materials:magazines,posters,product rate cards,flyers,exhibitions and displays,corporate communications and corporate identity,i.e giving organizations a visual ‘brand’.He/she will be responsible for receiving a brief and research,devise and develop concepts based off them
focussed on providing solutions and design specifications.
Be a team player and master your role in the team by ensuring our current and new clients are engaged to give them a positive and productive impact of our business, through regular interactions with them by putting their needs first at all times, and establish trust-worthy relationships for the mutual benefit with our business and our clients.
- Meeting clients or account managers/marketing team to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Develop design briefs that suit the client’s purpose
- Think creatively to produce new ideas,develop new concepts,graphics and layouts for both online and print/interactive design
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief with the constraints of costs and time
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers
- Working with a range of media,including computer-aided design(CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high quality work
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers in liaison with Marketing Manager.
- Working as part of a team with printers,photographers and marketing specialist.
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies,printers,where
- Review all final creative and be responsible for the accuracy of all art files and suggesting improvements if required.
- Full ownership for design strategy and execution of our mission
- Document proven tactics in design process, and ensure adherence to graphics design process framework
- Update the CEO and the Sales Manager on any changing business trends in the sector in which the company operates in terms of product offering, customer care, /sales approaches etc to enhance its competitiveness, market presence, and brand loyalty and general
moderation of rate cards.
- Meet your deadlines consistently in line with business goals and grow from strength to strength.
- Give feedback to the organization, comments and concerns that you receive from your clientele for the maintenance and development of better services.
- communicate strongly with a clear neutral accent, able to speak convincingly and write just as well.
- possess exceptional design skills and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate your attention to detail in your work, which is key to this role. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity and is very
rewarding to you, if you are the right candidate.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Graphic Design degree/diploma or equivalent.Relevant subjects for graphic design work include those that involve visual arts.
- At least 2 years of industry experience.
- Passion for graphics design,and mobile and desktop platforms
- Typeset,design and layout skills
- A passion for digital design
- An eye for detail
- Organized and able to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of CMS,HTML 5 and CSS
- 3D Design
- Fine art,graphic design,photography,visual art and illustration
- Knowledge of the local market,competitors,product knowledge
- Working knowledge of MS office
- Fluent and excellent writing skills in English.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
- Required to have a personal laptop for 6 months
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc