PEAS is an international education not-for-profit with the mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’.
Since 2008, PEAS has built and operated high quality low-cost not-for-profit secondary schools in close partnership with the government in communities where there is urgent unmet demand for secondary education. We currently run 28 secondary schools in Uganda and 4 in Zambia serving over 15,000 students.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To streamline and support the Country Finance office to support teams in the implementation of program activities.
- Support the team to perform simple reconciliations.
- Support the team to make payment requisition with full support documents.
- Working with the finance teams to collect and file all finance documents.
- Support the finance team to ensure documents are fully authorized & stamped.
- Work with & support the finance team to retrieve finance documents during Audits.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Good understanding of basic Accounting principles
- Basic Computer skills.
- Good understanding of providing administrative support to a finance department.
- A good collaborator, team player and listener
- Good organizing and coordinating skills.
- Good communication skills.
- A visionary and values aligned individual who is ready to learn.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Accounting & Finance or Business Studies from a recognized Institution.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Diploma: Accounting & Finance or Business studies