BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
Purpose of the Job
Your mission is to ensure all time continuous improvement of accounting and finance processes laid down. You will be expected to communicate well to all relevant internal and external stakeholders while upholding the highest level of integrity to ensure that you contribute to the organization and ensure it meets it’s set objectives.
- Timely update of the CRM system – Zoho
- Maintain an up-to-date billing system to generate and send out invoices.
- Ensure timely filing of relevant company documents e.g. invoices, receipts, contracts etc.
- Follow up on, collect and perform account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Maintain accounts receivable, customer files, and generate plus analyze receivables list.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries via phone, email, or personally.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items that include provisions, prepaid expenses, intercompany accounts and deferred income
- Assist with month-end financial reporting.
- Ensure daily invoicing on all payments received.
- Ensure invoicing is done correctly and promptly and resolve any billing errors
- Perform other duties as may be allocated by the Finance Manager or management
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Information management
- Team member
- High level confidentiality.
- Sense of urgency
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
- Required to have a personal laptop for 6 months
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc