One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are aiming to provide consistently excellent customer service across all of our outlets, called One Acre Fund Dukas. We are seeking a strong individual to provide input into, you will be responsible for ensuring farmers can always access our products and services – at the right place, time, and price. You will work in close collaboration with the leads of multiple teams to optimize our product ordering for more than 500,000 farmers.
Understanding our customer
- Building on existing work to develop customer personas of both current and target customers across our operational areas;
- Identifying what is important to the farmers that we serve, and understanding how to best meet their needs;
Ensuring consistency across our shops
- Developing and implementing processes to ensure consistent customer service across all One Acre Fund dukas. This may include training, “how-to guides”, best practice documents, as well as monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure compliance.
Developing Customer Feedback channels
- Establishing easy to use feedback channels, which provide useful information from a customer perspective to keep driving continuous improvement in this area.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree in related field