One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
Purpose Of The Job
The Data and Insights team is responsible for mining client and staff-level data to draw out meaningful insights that enable the different departments and leadership teams to make better informed, data-driven decisions for greater impact on our clients.
Strategic Improvements and Collaboration
- Identify and prioritize operations improvement strategies and/projects that support an increase in flexibility and scale of the services we offer our farmers; while maintaining a high level of service
- Oversee key stakeholder relationships and lead communication with other departments- The candidate should be able to communicate key goals of the team and assess the viability of different workflows against the goals and direction of the department
- Collaborate with Product Managers, relevant global teams, and country leadership to drive progress in different innovative technological initiatives for Kenya Program
Spending and Budgeting
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for your sub-departments; anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans.
- Identify ways for the department to become more cost-efficient
People Management & Training.
- Ensure that all staff receives effective mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
Team & Culture
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Capacity building- An ideal candidate would be willing to build the skills of the team to provide more effective data & insight support.
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or any other related fields. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Using methodical & logical approaches to leverage different data sources, and analytical techniques to improve business performance
- Understanding of potential applications of data science in business
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science