Data Science Nigeria is a non-profit run and managed by the Data Scientists Network Foundation. To build a world-class Artificial Intelligence (AI) knowledge, research and innovation ecosystem that delivers high-impact transformational research, business use applications, AI-first start-ups, support employability and social good use cases. We are committed to raising one million AI talents in 10 years and thus position Nigeria as one of the top 10 AI talent/knowledge destinations with 20% GDP multiplier impact. We are poised to accelerate Nigeria’s socio-economic development through a solution-oriented application of machine learning in solving social/business problems.
Purpose of the Job
Join a leading innovative learning platform that delivers learning to millions of students without any form of internet access during this prolonged COVID19 period
- Summarize, analyse, develop analytic dashboards and interpret data, including the use of digital visualization and infographics
- Promote use of data by providing meaning to data-interpreting and presenting complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner (storytelling with data), applying business knowledge to provide meaningful context for data, turning data into insights and action
- Create designs to support the presentation of reports and statistical data using infographics and other interactive media
- Collaborate and align with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate customer needs into visualization requirements, and work to deliver world-class visualizations, data stories while ensuring data quality and integrity
- Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
- Provide consultation to all areas of the organization that plan to use data to make decisions
- Identify data visualization tools and techniques that might be utilized to enhance the quality and effectiveness of COMPANY offerings, especially the plan to offer Data Visualisation as a service.
- Develop and implement a roadmap for utilization of self-service data tools in data query and interpretation.
- Act as trusted adviser and be able to communicate to diverse audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details)
- Provide self-service ad-hoc analysis capabilities
- Transform and integrate complex data from multiple sources into accessible, understandable and usable information via easy-to-use visualization frameworks and statistical summarization
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Management or related field.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree in Demography, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Management or related field