PEAS is an international education not-for-profit with the mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered, quality secondary education across Africa’.
Since 2008, PEAS has built and operated high quality low-cost not-for-profit secondary schools in close partnership with the government in communities where there is urgent unmet demand for secondary education. We currently run 28 secondary schools in Uganda and 4 in Zambia serving over 15,000 students.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for supporting the delivery of I&I project outcomes by managing project data.
- Work closely with the I&I project team to collect project data
- Lead on data entry and analysis and writing of MEL reports.
- Develop monitoring tools for data collection and disseminate/share tools with Inspectors
- Liaise with field inspectors and ensure data is submitted timely to inform reports
- Regularly share the analysed data with the team to inform planning, monitoring and reporting
- Timely compilation and submission of reports to the line manager.
- Support the I&I project manager to organize and file project documents.
- Draft external materials for sharing with key project stakeholders
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Passionate about working to achieve high results in a short period of time.
- High integrity that will model PEAS core values.
- Willing and open to learning new territories
- Flexible and ready to move to hard-to-reach areas.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work as a team.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in IT and computer or statistics
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: IT, Computers or Statistics