One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Business Operations Customer Engagement Services and Operations Intern will be tasked with ensuring that the company treats over 300,000 client tickets with urgency and respect, and above all, identifying ways to improve our customer’s experience; improving systems and processes, with an aim of achieving the top of the notch customer experiences.
Strategy & Vision
- Drive Business Operations to scale our services to more clients efficiently while maintaining a high level of service.
Customer Engagement Service and Operations
- Maintaining and improving contact center operations by identifying and instilling best practices, processes, and systems and driving a continuous improvement environment.
- Identification, evaluation, and implementation of state-of-the-art technologies that result in inefficient operations and an improved customer experience.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Change Programmes and Projects which impact the contact center.
Spending and Budgeting
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for your Customer engagement; anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans.
- Identify ways for the department to become more efficient
People Management & Training
- Ensure that all staff receives effective mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
- Personally lead training sessions for senior staff members.
Team & Culture
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Monitor team morale, plan and mitigate any changes that could create disharmony amongst staff
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Make Business Operations and company Fund a great place to work.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humour, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Business or Marketing or related field