One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Customer Engagement Management Intern will be responsible for planning and implementing contact center strategies and operations; coordinating with Business Operations departments and other One Acre Fund-Kenya teams and effectively managing staff within the contact center unit with the aim of achieving the top of notch customer experiences.
- Managing performance of the Contact Centre unit through workforce planning, regular one-on-one coaching, training, reviewing staff performance, enforcing One Acre Fund policies and procedures, and ensuring the team is motivated to achieve these SLA’s.
- Embed a performance culture, framework, and review processes to achieve service levels and improvements against set targets.
- Ensures targets, SLA’s and KPI’s are continually reviewed and expectations are met with optimum levels of quality & service delivery.
- Prepare Contact Centre performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Ensuring the team’s performance is within the set benchmarks.
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback and customer insight in order to enhance the customer experience.
People Management & Training
- Maintain open and honest channels of communication at all levels across the business to facilitate best-in-class sharing and root cause analysis.
- Support with training and development of the team and ensure the skills and knowledge are developed effectively.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Bachelor’s degree holder from a recognized university
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong planning and organization skills;
- Strong people management and change management skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Highly motivated, proactive, flexible and result-oriented;
- Strong Problem solving and decision-making skills. Able to dissect a problem and present realistic solutions;
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humour, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Business or Marketing or related field