Kifiya Financial Technology PLC. (Kifiya) is a payment service provider and enabler of digital services. We create an integrated, scalable service that enables access to financial and non-financial services by building sustainable technologies and distribution infrastructure.
We innovate in technology to build and enable distribution channels that make financial and non-financial services simple, affordable and within reach. Our services allow financial institutions, corporates, NGOs and government institutions to deliver services to their customers more efficiently. Kifiya also provides customers of low income that are unable to access traditional financial institutions customer centric products to simplify transactions.
Established in February 2010, Kifiya’s founders had the vision of utilizing their more than two decades of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Ethiopia to make transactions simple.
The Kifiya approach combines extensive first-hand technical expertise, and business experience with international best practices promoting access to financial services gained through consulting leading experts in the field. This holistic formula ensures the foundation for successful implementation of financial and payment services’ delivery, taking into account all aspects of our clients’ organizations and a newly growing economy.
As of today Kifiya has four technology services platforms: Single window Service Platform, Digital Financial Service Platform, Mobile Value Added Service Platform and Micro-insurance platform.
Kifiya has received several recognitions, including one from the MasterCard Foundation and was the recipient of the Zambezi Prize from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The company was also recently featured in a case study by the Harvard Business School. Kifiya has close partnerships and have worked with renowned development partners such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MasterCard Foundation and Dutch Enterprise Agency.
Currently Kifiya have 850 employees (130 at head office).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Credit Risk Intern develops and implements policies and procedures that reduce credit risk. They will manage the building of financial models that predict credit risk exposure to the organization and oversees the preparation of performance reports for management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration in either of Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics
- Professional qualifications g. CFA/ FRM preferable
Strategy and implementation
- Lead initiatives for the development of methodologies for measurement of Credit Portfolio Management across the Group and associated models/ processes (along with Head of Financial Risk).
- Develop and enhance the Credit Reporting & Monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders. Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Credit Risk reports. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by Senior Management
- Assist the Head of Financial Risk Management/ Group Chief Risk Officer in carrying out the responsibilities pertaining to the Board Risk Committee which includes preparation of the information pack and responding to data/ analytical requests from the
- Assist the Head of Financial Risk Management/ Group Chief Risk Officer in enhancement and review of Group Credit Policies & Standards in order to ensure that these reflect the best practice and regulate the risk assets of the group as directed by the
- Provide requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition, measurement and its reporting as part of the core team for implementation of key credit risk related projects (e.g. Credit Management System, IFRS 9 impairment)
- Lead enhancements to the Credit Measurement Framework; which include rating models (PD) and LGD/ EAD measurement jointly with Head of Financial Risk
- Maintain the current credit risk management processes; for limit/ exposure aggregation and for credit application processing.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of information from these systems to the relevant
- Assist in preparation and presentation of the information pack for Board Risk
- Contribute proactively to various risk related projects and initiatives owing to synergies (e.g. stress testing, IFRS 9 and ICAAP); especially on aspects pertaining to credit measurement and sourcing/ management of data for these initiatives
- Contribute to system implementation projects in the credit risk space (e.g. Credit Management System) by providing requirements and design inputs, particularly with regard to credit risk recognition and measurement.
- Assist the Group Chief Credit Officer/ Head of Risk Management in the development and review of Group Credit Policy & Standards
- Ensure that sound credit risk measurement and monitoring frameworks are developed and implemented throughout the group in a standardized manner.
- Building and managing a motivated team to achieve the company
- Managing teams running
- Scaling the team and processes to support the growth of the
- Conveying a clear vision to the team, the management, and the functional leaders on what you want to achieve
Budget, KPI’s and Controls
- Ensuring regular and quality reporting of team actions and results of the business across various departments.
- Responsible for ensuring effective credit risk management frameworks are in
- Responsible for ensuring a minimal Non-Performing Loan Book
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Business Administration, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics