The Innovation Village is a launchpad for leading entrepreneurs and innovators working to solve our most pressing challenges using technology. We cultivate innovators and entrepreneurs, startups and enterprises focused on social-economic transformation.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are actively seeking a Community Associate who is hardworking, responsible, results-oriented and self-motivated. The candidate should be an entrepreneurial individual with a passion for technology entrepreneurship, startups, local and international business.
- Program + startup facing
- Own relationships with startups in the program
- Hold intake and exit interviews to make sure all startups are on track to meet program goals.
- Set up 1:1 sessions for startups to meet with mentors VC’s and corporate partners for the program.
- Collect feedback and develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Support Community Lead with questions from startups and corporate partners.
- Ecosystem outreach
- Evangelise The Innovation Village to potential network partners including startups, investors and corporate members within the ecosystem.
- Outreach and communicate with accelerator mentors and advisors (corporates, investors, VC’s, entrepreneurs, business angels etc)
- Marketing/ Event Management
- Working on strategy and coordinating social media updates with the marketing team.
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator program.
- Meet with stakeholders on a regular basis to make communication easy and project manages to do for the team.
- Diligently participate and perform ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Work with various teams and accelerator programs to manage calendars across different teams and locations.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and constant change
- Demonstrate dependability, accountability, self-awareness, strong work ethic and reliability.
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's degree