One Acre Fund is an agricultural development company working in several countries across East Africa that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have a laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 350,000 farm families with more than 2,500 full-time staff in Kenya alone. In three more years, we will at least quadruple in size, while adding several new country programs. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from the highly competitive Echoing Green and Skoll Foundations, and the global Financial Times/ IFC award for “basic needs financing” in 2010 and 2011.
Purpose Of The Job
Supporting 600,000 clients during the year, processing their orders to be on time and accurate, ensuring $50 million loan portfolio is kept up to date. Setting up strategies and innovate to improve client experience. Work with stakeholders on client data operations needs.
Client Data Operations
- Support Client Data operations and ensure that they are executed to world-class standards, this includes
- Enrollment, Client Banning, Prepayment Drops, Client Stitching, Data Reporting, Sales Channel Support, Invoice Creation
- Collaboratively set department KPI’s and metrics to measure success.
Strategic Improvements and Collaboration
- Identify and prioritize operations improvement projects to allow us to scale to more farmers, more efficiently, and offer a better service.
- Identifies interventions to optimize costs and potential saving opportunities on USSD and 2 way SMS
- Work on USSD services optimization through, improving USSD reporting and USSD Service setup engagement with stakeholders
- Work with Field Operation Stakeholder and Tech team to Improve on our payment processing and system
Spending and Budgeting
- Participate in the annual budgeting process for client data operations; anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans.
- Identify ways for the department to become more efficient
People Management & Training
- Support staff mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
Team & Culture
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Make Business Operations and One Acre Fund a great place to work.
Competencies (skills/abilities & behaviour)
- Bachelor’s Degree: Communications or related field
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and strategic
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humour, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Communications or related field