BrighterMonday is East Africa’s #1 job website Founded in Kenya in 2006 and operating in all East African markets, BrighterMonday is committed to the goal of maximizing the opportunities for East Africa’s job seekers and employers. BrighterMonday forms part of the investment portfolio of Ringier One Africa Media.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Analyze data of in-place procedures to find ways to improve operations, evaluate operations procedures and processes, Identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign, apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modelling to analyze current procedures.
- Analyzing available data, finding trends, anomalies, and opportunities to improve operations.
- Performing an impact analysis on any potential improvement.
- Driving the development of new systems and improvements of operations.
- Assist in coordinating with every department, meet with managers and assess the work processes.
- Help in assessing the market environment.
- Taking part in any efforts to improve technology, processes, and capabilities.
- Generate and review statistics.
- Performing any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Able to analyze large, complex data sets using a variety of software and tools
- Comfortable with database administration skills and resources
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interaction with all levels of management
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business, data management, operations research, or related field.
- Required to have a personal laptop for 6 months.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO (Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE).
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country.
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification.
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6xMonths Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed.
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification tbc