Kifiya Financial Technology PLC. (Kifiya) is a payment service provider and enabler of digital services. We create an integrated, scalable service that enables access to financial and non-financial services by building sustainable technologies and distribution infrastructure.
We innovate in technology to build and enable distribution channels that make financial and non-financial services simple, affordable and within reach. Our services allow financial institutions, corporates, NGOs and government institutions to deliver services to their customers more efficiently. Kifiya also provides customers of low income that are unable to access traditional financial institutions customer centric products to simplify transactions.
Established in February 2010, Kifiya’s founders had the vision of utilizing their more than two decades of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Ethiopia to make transactions simple.
The Kifiya approach combines extensive first-hand technical expertise, and business experience with international best practices promoting access to financial services gained through consulting leading experts in the field. This holistic formula ensures the foundation for successful implementation of financial and payment services’ delivery, taking into account all aspects of our clients’ organizations and a newly growing economy.
As of today Kifiya has four technology services platforms: Single window Service Platform, Digital Financial Service Platform, Mobile Value Added Service Platform and Micro-insurance platform.
Kifiya has received several recognitions, including one from the MasterCard Foundation and was the recipient of the Zambezi Prize from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The company was also recently featured in a case study by the Harvard Business School. Kifiya has close partnerships and have worked with renowned development partners such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MasterCard Foundation and Dutch Enterprise Agency.
Currently Kifiya have 850 employees (130 at head office).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of a Business Analyst Intern is to act as a liaison between the business and technical development teams to ensure business requirements are understood and translated into system and process functionality.
The Business Analyst intern will work with stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to gather and record user requirements for new and existing technology initiatives, as well as changes to processes and systems.
They will closely work with the project team to ensure user requirements are understood before and during the development phase. The post holder will be responsible for engaging with project managers, system owners and business users to ensure processes are defined and documented.
Strategy and implementation
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy
- Leads and provides direction for short- and long-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business goals and
- Provides input from a business and IT perspective.
- Build a relationship between business partners and the IT department relative to requirements, solutions and priorities
- Develop requirement documentation that will translate business needs into requirements that can be understood by the solution development team
- Participate as needed in IT design reviews to ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems
- Develop a knowledge of system capabilities and functions of assigned application software. Use this knowledge to recommend optimal solutions to business requirements that best leverages the product
- Ensure that proposed system features and requirements meet user needs and satisfy business objectives and initiatives
- May assist in creation and implementation of test plans that are mapped to documented requirements
- Perform and coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and/or BETA presentations as required on department related projects
- Work together with the design and development team to produce a range of concept design schemes for new products as well as updating existing product designs for a number of automotive customers
- Ensure the delivery of the business Strategy within area of accountability
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Leading massive and complex commercial operations and project management initiatives, coordinating effectively cross functions initiatives
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Education, or Information Systems ; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Industry certifications in business analysis, software systems, network or project management disciplines, preferred
- Leadership skills
- knowledge of business operations and systems requirements
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within design and development
- Exposure in New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production
- Understanding of testing and prototyping
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Company Address Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Education, or Information Systems