War Child Canada is an international charitable organization with its headquarters based in Toronto, Canada. War Child Canada works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. War Child Canada takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
War Child Canada currently works in Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Sudan, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya and Uganda. War Child Canada has been working in Uganda since 2005 and in refugee and host communities since January 2014. War Child Canada’s program focus areas in Uganda are Education, Access to Justice, and Opportunities/Livelihood for vulnerable refugee and host communities.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Adolescent & Youth Development Officer, the Adolescent & Youth Development Trainee Officer will Liaise with school clubs, non-formal education centres and other relevant platforms for mobilization of adolescents to provide mentorship for incubation and realisation of innovative solutions; including mobilization, implementation and development of community sensitization and training activities for refugee community beneficiaries, host community members and all education actors relevant to achieving the project goal.
- Mobilisation and training of adolescents
- Support in mentoring of adolescents
- Mapping out the transition centres
- Perform other duties and tasks as requested.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/ABILITIES & BEHAVIOUR)
- Good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g MS Office).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Ability to handle confidential matters in the office.
- Ability to work in complex and multi-cultural environments.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in: Community Development, Social Sciences, Peace Building
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
DURATION & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- 6xMonths Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full-time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree: Community Development, Social Sciences, Peace Building