Powerhouse African-founded brands with pioneers like BrighterMonday Kenya launching in 2006. The ROAM group is an online stalwart with dynamic ecosystems shaping the way the digital economy operates.We transform Africa by connecting people to opportunities and empowering them to make the best decision at crucial stages of your life. Whether it is buying a car, buying a house, furnishing your home or finding your next job – our platforms empower each individual to find the best possible solution.
Africa can capitalise on the digital rise, to work around the lacking legacy infrastructure while nurturing the tremendously entrepreneurial African spirit. This will help combat the current daily challenges around trust and transparency. Our markets are ripe for digital transformation and we are committed to driving that.
Purpose of the role
To ensure all time continuous improvement of accounting and finance processes laid down. You will be expected to communicate well to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, while upholding the highest level of integrity to ensure that you contribute to the organization meeting it’s set objectives.
- Recording cash and bank transactions in the logbooks
- Writing cheques
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- Entering Accounting information on documents
- Filing as directed by Programme Accountant.
- Supporting the Programme Accountant in verifying the accountancy
- Scanning of finance documents
- Any other task assigned in Finance department
- Maintain up-to-date billing system to generate and send out invoices.
- Follow up on, collect and perform account reconciliations.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Maintain accounts receivable, customer files, and generate plus analyze receivables list.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Process weekly payments and prepare bank deposits.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries via phone, email, or personally.
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Ensure timely filing of relevant company documents eg payments.
- Ensure company’s petty cash is safely kept at all times and timely reconciliations are done.
- Preparation of monthly payroll returns
- Supplier Payment Process – You will be required to book the invoice, analyze AR for payment, check cash flow and proceed with payment
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items that include provisions, prepaid expenses, inter-company accounts and deferred income.
- Assist with month-end closure.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business Administration/Finance from a recognized institution.
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and basic excel formulas
- Should be able to work in a team and be flexible in taking other duties as delegated.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business Administration/Finance from a recognized institution.