Value Seeds Limited is an indigenous crop seed production solution and development Company incorporated in 2009. The Company is engaged in seed research, multiplication, processing and distribution of hybrids and seeds of improved varieties. We are focused on increasing farmers’ yields, nutrition and livelihood. Our products offerings are two-fold: field crops and vegetables with technology dissemination. The Company has a wide range of seeds that have become popular with farmers and agro-inputs dealers in Nigeria. Our focus field crops are Maize, Rice, Soybean, Cowpea, Millet, Sorghum, Cassava and Wheat. Vegetables include tomato, okra, onion, cabbage, cucumber, lettuce, hot pepper, sweet pepper, watermelon, carrot, amaranthus and spices.
Besides production and distribution of seeds of improved varieties and top quality vegetables, Value Seeds is active in seed systems reengineering. The Company is the first and only Seed Company in Nigeria to launch a formal commercial extension program. Since 2016, we have supported farmers in the areas of training on best agronomic practices, improving access to contemporary agricultural technologies, improving access to market and provision of inputs support through our field to market agricultural initiative. Value Seeds Limited has supported more than 15,000 farmers in targeted interventions since 2016. Our commercial extension intervention started in Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Benue States. In 2018, we are working in collaboration with Odua Chamber of Commerce, in Oyo, Osun and Ekiti States to avail farmers in these States the benefits of contemporary agricultural technologies.
Women and youth are key focus in our drive to improve livelihood of smallholder farmers. We are collaborating in 2018 in PERL-ARC/BIF Women Agricultural Support Program in Kaduna State, which has kick started support for 5,000 women and youth smallholder farmers. Value Seeds has also commenced her commercial maize grain production program with 7,000 smallholder farmers in Kaduna and Kano States. We are part of the revolutionary Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) agricultural consortium that seeks to impact selected crops value chain in Nigeria, among which are Maize, Rice, Soybean and Cassava. Since we started our program of taking technology to the farmer in 2016, we have improved the livelihood of more than 50,000 farm families in Nigeria. In 2018, we will work with 20,000 farmers in Kaduna State, 1,000 farmers in Kano State, 1,000 farmers in Benue State, and 5,000 farmers in Oyo-Osun-Ekiti States. Activities in some of these states have started. We have recruited 100 Technology Enhancers and have given each a motorcycle for effective technology dissemination.
We are leading in climate-resilient and nutrition-sensitive agriculture. We have two flagship products, Value Kit-Maize and R-Kit, which are technological products for a farmer to produce high quality maize and rice respectively on a quarter of a hectare of farmland.
We have just been inducted by IITA as Year 5 Implementers of Aflasafe Program and have placed an initial order for 60,000 kilograms. Our farmers are excited about Value Kit-maize that contains Aflasafe.
Purpose of the Job
The result-driven individual will assist the Head of Finance with the broad range of tasks involved in overseeing the company’s cash flow. His/ her activities are diversified as they cover the following expenses, entries and the company’s financial health as well.
- Follow-up of the company’s cash flow.
- Issuing invoices for clients.
- Planning and receiving payments.
- Controlling expenses according to the budget.
- Follow-up with the company’s financial health.
- Issuing and presenting the company’s balance sheet.
- Proposing solutions to improve financial results.
- Controlling the gap between expected and actual entries.
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Degree in Accounts, Finance or any related field.
- 0 – 1 year of relevant work experience
- Good networking and alliance building skills
- Basic experience in the use of Excel and Word Applications
- Inspiring self-starter with high integrity and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Numeracy skills
- Rigour and organization
- Able to cope with pressure and conflicting demands.
- Strong problem solving ability and decision making
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills well developed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for effective vendor & internal staff communication
- Ability and willingness to travel
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor's Degree Accounts, Finance or any related field