With over 50 campuses across the world and 40 years of training the future leaders of the hospitality and tourism industry, the mission of Vatel Hotel & Tourism Business School is to prepare the younger generation for successful careers in international hotel and tourism management. Students of Vatel in Rwanda will graduate with a prestigious and internationally recognized degree, providing them with a wide array of exciting career opportunities in the international hospitality industry across Africa, Asia, America, and Europe. Vatel’s innovative approach equips them with the knowledge and skills to perform in high level roles upon completion of thier studies by providing practical training exercises and industrial placements throughout the duration of the three-year bachelor’s degree program.
At Vatel Rwanda, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact. Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future, and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for youth.
Purpose of the Job
The Academic Coordinator will provide high-level administrative support to the Head of Academics and the academic team. S/he will work closely with the bachelor’s degree program staff, faculty, and students. The ideal candidate is proactive, organized, diplomatic, and flexible. S/he must be able to handle confidential matters with diplomacy and discretion and effectively manage complex situations.
- Provide general administrative support to the academic team, including drafting communications, ensuring compliance with Vatel standards, class scheduling, filing, and liaising with students and faculty
- Assists in drafting documents for Academic projects and provides creative thinking to the project’s creation
- Support with faculty recruitment and hiring processes
- Schedule and coordinate academic team meetings, including drafting agendas and taking minutes during the meeting
- Providing administrative support for bachelor’s degree faculty, including classroom coordination, technical support, administering exams, and other logistical support.
- Generate academic reports, including grade reports, attendance, and student progress reports
- Ensure compliance with Vatel Corporate standards in all aspects of academics
- Ensure effective internal communications within the school and Vatel Corporate to keep the organization informed on relevant news and developments
- Compiling departmental budget reports or other departmental financial duties as assigned
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Head of Academics
Competencies (Skills/Abilities & Behaviour)
- Creative thinker, with the ability to apply and communicate thinking clearly
- Professional and diplomatic, with the ability to manage the needs of faculty, students, and staff while upholding Vatel’s standards
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Kinyarwanda and/or French desired
- Committed to realizing the potential of youth and to the vision and values of Vatel Hotel and Tourism Business School
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business administration, social sciences, or equivalent.
- 2 or more years working in an education environment preferred
- Experience in project management and/or program creation, design, and implementation, particularly in fast-paced, startup environments
- Experience in the multicultural working environment required; experience working in East African countries preferred
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Mastercard Foundation Scholar Award letter or letter of attestation from your Mastercard Foundation Program Manager at the institution that awarded you the Scholarship. Secondary Scholars who studied in non-Scholars Program partner universities can apply with the award letter they received from their Secondary Education NGO ( Equity, CAMFED, BRAC and FAWE)
- Copy of ID / Passport proving your citizenship or eligibility to work in the country
- Copy of Highest Education Certificate/Qualification
Duration & Additional information
- 6x Months Internship Program ONLY, the host organization reserve the right to extend the internship or convert it to a job based on performance and identified need. No full time jobs are guaranteed
- All applicants are strongly advised to take note of the minimum eligibility, if all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed
We will ensure that no job applicant receives less favorable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be disadvantaged by any other conditions or requirements which are irrelevant.
- Annual Salary Offer Monthly Stipend
- Experience Level Graduate
- Total Years Of Experience 0
- Academic Qualification Bachelor’s Degree: Education, business administration, social sciences, or related field